The latest version of the Personal Stream Tool has been released. It can be downloaded from our website for free.
- new PSI analyzer in the TS Explorer module
- Manage new character tables in SDT tables
- MER: Modulation Error Rate meter
- Cake chart TS data rate meter
Only the GUI needs to be updated. The current version of the GUI can be checked in the Device menu / Home - Diagnostic menu on the Standard GUI (Expert Mode). On the right side, the number after Software Version shows our current version (see the blue underlined numbers on the picture).
The firmware version of Gigabit Ethernet Controller 2 needs to be 1.22 or higher. The current version can be checked in the Device menu / Home - Diagnostic menu on the Standard GUI (Expert Mode). On the left side, the number after the Firmware version shows our current version (see the green underlined numbers on the picture).
The update process is the following:
1. Select Expert View mode on the start page. If the device starts in TS Explorer mode, click Standard GUI to display the Expert View mode.
2. In the Device menu, select the Software Upgrade submenu.
3. To update the interface, select the downloaded PST WEB GUI fup file by clicking the Browse button in the Web based GUI and Hardware Software Upgrade window.
4. After selecting, press the Start Software Upgrade button and wait for the update process.
5. When finished, refresh the page.
The PST GUI starts with the [TS Explorer] module. If you want to be able to choose between [Expert View] and [Task View] on the home page and you don't want the TS Explorer module starts automatically, click the [Standard GUI] menu after loading the TS Explorer page. The [Expert View] home page will then appear. Go to the [Device] / [Project Settings] menu where select the radio button next to the Start menu: Standard GUI. You have to save the setting with the Save button next to [Write Backup File into Device]. After refreshing the page you can select between Task View and Expert View.
The TS Explorer module is still available in the Stream Tool/TS Explorer menu.
It is important to note that backups created so far will not be compatible with the new interface in some cases.